Welcome to Graceville Lightning Swim Club
First meet of Season 2012/13 is Friday 12th October at Graceville State School Pool.
Graceville Lightning Swim Club (GLSC) provides an organised swimming competition catering for all levels of ability, all strokes of swimming, and for all school age children. We also provide an assisted race for the younger swimmers at the beginning of the night. It's a fun and friendly volunteer run oganisation, and we are welcoming all past members to re-sign up, and invite new members to join our club.
What better way to end the week than to enjoy a BBQ, a few drinks with friends, and watch the kids have a great time in the pool! That's what you'll get when you sign up for the Graceville Lightning Swim Club, (GLSC). Our 2012-13 season meets every Friday night from 6-8pm at the Graceville State School Pool.
To sign up, go to Swimming Queensland Members Portal and either fill in the details to renew your membership or join as a new swimmer. If you swam last year, your details will be there under your email address that you provided to the club last year.
For more information, please contact:
Troy Grice - 0425 633 137
The objective of the Graceville Amateur Swimming Club is to provide access to organized swimming competition in a friendly club environment that appeals to swimmers and their families as an enjoyable sporting and social experience.
Graceville Amateur Swimming Club Inc. is incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act as a non-profit community organization. The club has a Constitution which governs its management. The club has a license agreement with Education Queensland and is independent of but has a close relationship with the Graceville State School.
The club is managed by the Management Committee. Generally members of the Management Committee are nominated and elected at an Annual General Meeting. If you have any concerns please discuss them with one of the Management Committee who meet regularly. Please let them know if you have any issues that you would like raised at the meetings.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer to assist with the running of the club. The club is entirely dependent upon the contribution made by parent volunteers. Apart from the Management Committee and officials mentioned above, the club also requires volunteers to assist with other functions each week, such as timekeeping and to attend to their canteen and BBQ roster duties.
If you have any questions or suggestions we would love to hear them. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or come along to one of our Club Nights to see what it's like.
- Graceville School
- Swimming Australia (SAL) is the peak body for competitive swimming in Australia. The State & Territory Swimming Associations, the Australian Coaches & Teachers Assn. and the Australian Swimmers Assn are its key stakeholders. SAL overseas the management and development of the sport at all levels.
- Swimming Queensland (SQ) is swimming's peak body in Qld. Visit this site for information about the rules, officials, records etc. Subscribe to the monthly newsletter Q-Swimmer e-News for latest info on what's happening in Queensland swimming at a state, national and international level.
- Platypus Lagoon Swim Club Take the tour with Swimming Qld's mascots, Webster and Tilly, and check out all the cool stuff on their new website. You'll find something there for everyone: - Swim Tips &Programs - With Jess (Jessicah Schipper OAM) - Fun Food - Puzzles & Jokes - Swim School Kids - stuff for Mum & Dad
- My Personal Best is a great site for keeping track of all your swim meet results. Check on your progress in every stroke and distance using tables and graphs. Race against other swimmers including world record holders in the virtual pool. Earn points and win prizes.
- Swim-Sites.com Directory of swimming related content on the web. This site tries to make finding specific content far easier for swimming entusiasts; so whether it's a swimming club in London or Speedo's homepage, you can find it here.
- Australian Swimming Clubs
- Queensland Primary School Swimming Information about Qld Primary School swimming carnivals.
- Metropolitan West School Sport Administers primary and secondary representative school sport in the west region of Brisbane, Ipswich and the Lockyer Fassifern areas.
- The Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian is an organisation which promotes and protects the rights, interests and wellbeing of all Queenslanders under 18. Includes information about the Blue Card.