A reminder that there is no club swimming this Friday! The season is finished, but it would be great to see as many children and parents as possible attend the club Presentation Day on Sunday 20th March, which starts at 2pm.
The club Presentation Day is an important event that wraps up the season. It will run for a couple of hours from 2pm this Sunday. The age champions will be given their trophies, race winners will get their medals, and the points tally winners will receive their prizes. A limited barbecue and canteen service will also be operating. It's a great way to sign off for 2015-16, so we hope to see you there. There will be a free swim for the children after presentations and during the Annual General Meeting (lifeguards will be on duty).
Did you know? Facts and figures from this season
Well, it has been a huge season for Graceville Lightning, as the following numbers demonstrate:
From the pool ...
- 219 - the number of active swimmers throughout the season
- 26 - the number of pool records broken this season, including a championship record that was set way back in 1980.
- 14 - the number of swimmers who have broken records this season
- 97 - the number of swimmers who set personal best times at the club championships
- 252 - the total number of PBs set during the two days of the club championships
- 9 - the number of Graceville Lightning swimmers who were selected for the Met-West regional trials this season in what is a super-competitive region.
From the canteen...
During the 18 weeks of the season, we ate through more than:
- 165 loaves of bread
- 1125 bread rolls
- 215kg (or 2580) sausages
- 2680 kebabs
- 1100 steaks
- 50kg of onions
- 50kg of tomatoes
- 52 tins of beetroot
(And for the thirsty ones among us ... we consumed about 1200 cans of beer and 100 bottles of wine).